Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Mockingjay Part 1

asdfghjklasdfghjklasdfghjklasdfghjkl You guys. We saw Mockingjay yesterday. It was so stinkin amazing that I can't stand it! I obviously won't give anything away in this post for those of you who want to see it because that would be rude :P Anyway, I will take a moment to fangirl a bit. 

PEETA. AND KATNISS. BUT ESPECIALLY PEETA. I just about died every time he came on screen because of how much his appearance changed. Like I said before, I won't give anything away for those of you who haven't read the books or sen the movie. But those of you who read the books: he looks just how you imagine him, and maybe even worse. It really broke my heart </3

They left several somewhat important parts out, but they added some things that made it a bit less confusing if you haven't read the books. The things they added really made up for the fact that they left some stuff out. 

THE ENDING JUST ABOUT KILLED ME BECAUSE I WAS RIGHT ABOUT HOW IT ENDED AND GAHHHH IT IS NOT OKAY. I CANNOT WAIT ANOTHER YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE. I WILL PROBABLY REREAD THE BOOKS ABOUT EIGHT TIMES THIS YEAR SO THAT THE WAITING WILL GO FASTER.

And ohmygoodness, The Hanging Tree. Enough said right? xD Jen sang it so well, it was just so amazing. You really have to see it to get the full gist of what I'm saying though; it was perfect. YOU NEED TO WATCH IT HERE: http://youtu.be/14H8OzTzne4 

I've never been a huge fan of Gale, he kind of annoys me. But in this one, I felt so bad for him. He was actually a bit of a jerk in Mockingjay (the book), but for some reason, I felt really really bad for him. Hmm, I guess I will be rereading the book to see if he was like that at the beginning. Maybe he gets vicious after he comes back from getting Peeta...

It was an emotional night for me last night. June and my mom thought I was insane, but I nearly cried my heart out about eight times during the movie last night, and afterward I was really...what's the word? Jittery is what I told my friend T, but I'm not really sure if that sums it up. When I texted her last night she though I was hurt or something because I was a little emotional. You can believe I'm crazy, but you all know that you do that for your fandoms ;)

For Adi and Evie: I saw the Hobbit trailer and ohmyheck it looks amazing. IF GANDALF DIES THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO. I need to see it when it comes out on DVD for sure, it looks amazing!!

Thanks for reading everyone!
~<3Ginny~

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a fab movie =) I read the books in fourth grade so I only vaguely remember the plot but I remember the Hanging Tree...my friend and I sang it all the time xD I love seeing you freak out over things to the same extent as me when I simply look at anything 5SOS. Makes me feel like I'm somewhat normal xD anyways, now you made me wanna go see this ;) and you're darn right I do the same for my fandoms xD but I don't think you're too crazy so it's all good ;)

    ~M

    Wow that was a very ranty comment. Hehe...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I loved the Hanging Tree, but I never knew how it went, so I never sang it. :) Hahaha!! That's me with 1D, HG, books in general...I'm glad it makes you feel normal, it makes me feel normal too! :D That's good :)
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  2. First off Ginny, I can assure you Gandalf doesn't die so no flipping out okay. He'll be alright. ;)
    BUT YES THE HOBBIT TRAILER IS EVIL DON'T EVEN. WE WAITED SO LONG FOR IT AND THEN PETER FINALLY GIVES IT TO US AND GAH.
    *cough*
    Anyways. Fandom ramblings. I shan't go on any more. xD
    Glad you "enjoyed" the movie. ^-^
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, that's good! Haha! Its so true :) I'm glad too :)
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  3. KZDGEIUJGOJAERGIJIGJIJSIGJISRJGIORSJGORSJUIGOGJERO THE MOVIE WAS SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN LOOK AT POOR PEETA, WAAAAAHHH! :( BUT MY FAVORITE PART WAS TOTALLY THE HANGING TREE...LOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I AM GOING TO SEE THE MOVIE FOR THE SECOND TIME SOON :) ;)

    ~CLAIRE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW IT WAS SO DANG AMAZING!! PEETA JUST ABOUT MADE ME SOB EVERY TIME I SAW HIM! MY FRIEND AND I HAD A WHOLE CONVERSATION ABOUT IT. AHHH!! I WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN SOON!!!
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, I'm SOOOO JEALOUS!!! I WANT TO SEE MOCKINGJAY SO BAD!!!! But mom said we might be able to see it tomorrow ^-^ I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! And I should stop screaming in your face now.
    I'm pretty sure Gandalf doesn't die. He's in LOTR, so I don't think he dies. That'd just be weird :P
    ~Carli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to see it! It is so amazing!! Yeah that would. I read part of the book and all of the Hobbit movies, but I've never seen LOTR itself :)
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  5. I am a big Hobbit fan too! I am so excited for it! I will be watching it as soon as it is out.....and don't worry about Gandalf. ;)

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, I just saw Mockingjay last night! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!
    But, I feel that it has almost too little storyline. I mean, the entire movie is basically about her being the Mockingjay, then Peeta comes along and tries to kill her and that's the end. I almost wish they had balanced it out a little bit more, but then it would have been a four hour movie, so yeah, probably not a good idea :P
    And to make it a normal length movie, they'd have to cut out some of the parts in the beginning, which they couldn't have done. Or they could have added Annie and Finnick's wedding. But then they'd have to cut out Delly, and when she goes to District 2.
    But oh my goodness! I LOVED HAYMITCH! He's so funny! He's definitely my favorite! I was a little disappointed they didn't show him and Finnick that much, because they're pretty important in the books.
    Oh, and the Hanging Tree was beautiful! I loved it! She has such a gorgeous voice :)
    And you weren't the only one that cried. I cried several times. Seriously. I hated the last scene. It made me so sad! When mom and I got home I wanted to watch the first Harry Potter movie to cheer me up, but she said she wanted to watch a happier movie, and I'm all like "It is a happy movie!" XD
    Sorry about the length of this comment, I had alot to talk about, and I didn't want to wait until tomorrow and rave about it to my friend :P
    ~Carli

    ReplyDelete
  7. IKR???? I do feel it was like that. But I guess they will probably include more of the things like district 2 in the second part. I looked in the book, and the part with District 2 doesn't happen until after Peeta, so I guess they may do that?
    HAYMITCH IS HILARIOUS!! I do wish they had shown Finnick more, and his interactions with Haymitch, because I mean, yes, he is pretty unstable mentally, but to be honest, he is really important in Mockingjay. It may be that I think that because he is my favorite character other than Katniss and Peeta of course :) She really does have an amazing voice, I was actually kind of surprised. Oh, yes. The last scene just about killed me. Seeing Peeta like that was just awful. Hahaha!! Harry Potter is totally happy, unless it's Deathly Hallows of course ;) That's alright!! I totally understand. A couple of my friends and I were raving about it over text too, so this comment is certainly welcome :)
    ~<3Ginny~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, unfortunately. They probably will. I'd be kinda mad if they left that out.
      IKR?! I LOVE HAYMITCH!!! He is very important in Mockingjay. He's my favorite as well! He's right next to Haymitch :D
      It was so beautiful! It was just how I pictured it! I know, I wasn't planning on her having an amazing voice, but she proved me wrong :)
      I know, it made me really sad! Even though I know how the book ends it still kills me to think of him like that! :(
      Yeah, Deathly Hallows was sad. I wanted to watch the Sorcerer's Stone, when he first goes to Hogwarts. It's definitely one of my favorite movies, since they're so little! It's hard to believe they're all grown up now! And on the plus side, all the movies are out, so no evil cliffhangers XD
      ~Carli

      Delete
    2. I would be, too! That is an important part because you realize just how twisted Gale's judgement may be! Hahaha!! Finnick is like my fictional crush I guess you could say. When I first read Catching Fire, I thought he was just hilarious! The ending of the book definitely makes it better, but at the same time, it really just kills me. I know, they look sooo little in the first one! And then you compare it to the Deathly Hallows, and you think, yeah, they really were tiny!! Yesss, no evil cliffhangers, I hate those. :P
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!! Don't say anything rude, swear, and be sure to treat everyone the way you would want to be treated! Thanks lovelies!
~Ginny, June, and all the Girls