Friday, November 28, 2014

Eyes Open~An AG Photoshoot

Hello everyone! Are any of you doing any Black Friday shopping? I know I'm not. I went black Friday shopping at a busy store once (Kohl's) and it was only because June, my mom, and I forgot it was Black Friday. I don't know how we forgot, it's always the day after Thanksgiving, but we did. Anyway, I was super bored, so I went out and took some pictures of Felicity because all of the snow melted. I based the photo shoot after two things:
1. The song "Eyes Open" by Taylor Swift. I really used to love her music, but it has grown unimpressive over the past few years, so I just listen to her old music. I believe it was written for the Hunger Games, because it's on my HG CD. I was also inspired by Miss Adaline Grey to do this photo shoot because of her "Safe and Sound" photoshoot :) I give her full credit for the idea. You can see her wonderful post here.
2. I've been reading a really interesting (yet extremely gory) series of books called "The Ashes Trilogy." It is absolutely fascinating, and I would totally explain it, but the first book takes the first 200 pages to explain what is happening. So I'll leave it at that. The series is by Ilsa J. Bick, and I really recommend it. The characters do swear quite a bit, but if you don't let it bother you and just ignore the swearing, it is really not too inappropriate. The main character's name is Alex. She is a really cool character, and she is a red head, so I thought Lissie (she's about as close as I get to a red-head) would be a good candidate for a photo shoot based on the books :)
I hope you all enjoy!
~~~~~~
 Everybody's waiting
Everybody's watching
Even when you're sleeping
 Keep your ey-eyes open
 The tricky thing, 
Is yesterday we were just children,
 Playing soldiers
Just pretending
Dreaming dreams with happy endings
 In backyards, winning battles with our wooden swords
 But now we've stepped into a cruel world
Where everybody stand and keeps score
 Keep your eyes open
 Everybody's waiting for you to break down
Everybody's watching to see the fall-out
 Even when you're sleeping, sleeping
Keep your ey-eyes open
Keep your ey-eyes open
Keep your ey-eyes open
 So here you are, two steps ahead and staying, on guard
Every lesson forms a new scar
They never thought you'd make it this far
But turn around (turn around), oh they've surrounded you
It's a showdown (showdown) and nobody comes to save you now
 But you've got something they don't
Yeah, you've got something they don't
You just gotta keep your eyes open
  Everybody's waiting for you to break down
Everybody's watching to see the fall-out
Even when you're sleeping, sleeping
Keep your ey-eyes open
Keep your ey-eyes open
Keep your ey-eyes
 Keep your feet ready
Heartbeat steady
Keep your eyes open
 Keep your aim locked
The night goes dark
 Keep your ey-ey-eyes open
Keep your eyes open
Keep your eyes open
Keep your eyes open
Keep your eyes open
 Everybody's waiting for you to break down
Everybody's watching to see the fall-out
Even when you're sleeping, sleeping
 Keep your ey-eyes open
Keep your ey-eyes open
Keep your ey-eyes open
Keep your ey-eyes open
Keep your ey-eyes open
~~~~~~~
What did you all think? I did this photo shoot with my mom's camera, and I really like how these pics turned out (her camera is a Nikon D40) I'm wondering if maybe I need a new camera....Also, Lissie's hair looks really messy in these photos. I didn't intend that, but it was really windy so her hair got really messy. Did anyone else notice how ironic these photos were? The song was telling you to keep your eyes open, and yet Lissie's eyes were closed in nearly every one. THE IRONY, THE IRONY! Here are some behind the scenes pics just for fun :)
 This stinker kitty decided to come over and rub up against me while I was taking pictures. He knocked Lissie over twice. (This is our other cat named Cooper, we tell him apart because he is so much chunkier than Penny, and he has white paws and a white chest)
Poor Lissie :(
Info: Doll-Felicity Historical
Camera-Nikon D40
Clothes- Hat~ an old hat of mine that doesn't fit anymore
Shirt~From ?
Jeans~from a local doll shop
Coat~from ?
Boots~Rebecca's School Dress (AG)

~<3Ginny~
P.S. I keep trying to get June to post, but she keeps forgetting or something. I'll have to keep bugging her I guess because I feel bad that she has not been posting. :1


20 comments:

  1. Love the pictures and lyrics. Oi, I hate asking this but is there maybe anyways you could just slip a link in there for credit as to the song lyric idea...? It's fine if not; I've sort of given up with it. xD
    AND COOPER IS SO CUTE CAN I JUST LIKE BORROW HIM OR SOMETHING CAUSE AWWW. ^_____^
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww crap. I knew I forgot something. Yes of course I will put the link in!! Sorry I didn't put it in before :1 AWW THANKS I'LL TELL HIM YOU SAID THAT <3 ALTHOUGH, KNOWING HIM, HE PROBABLY WILL JUST SCOWL AT ME LIKE "WHO ON EARTH IS THAT, FEED ME." HAHA, I DON'T KNOW HOW WELL THAT WILL GO OVER; HE'S KIND OF ATTACHED TO OUR MOM xD BUT YOU CAN SURE TRY. :)
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
    2. It's really fine Ginny! I've kind of stopped asking; it's alright if you don't put the link up. =)
      AND HE'S SUCH A CUTE CAT THOUGH LIKE WHY.
      ~Adi

      Delete
    3. Okay, I put it up anyway :) I KNOW WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO CUTE?? HE SERIOUSLY DID SCOWL AT ME WHEN I TOLD HIM THAT YOU THOUGHT HE WAS CUTE xD
      ~Ginny~

      Delete
  2. Aww! I love this so much! Felicity looks so pretty and the photos are gorgeous! I love Talyors old music too, most of her new stuff is kinda not my style. I was singing along the whole time! ;) Uuughhhh! My cat always bugs me too! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaitlyn!! Yeah, her new music is a little too...what is the word? I dunno, cliche I guess. Hahaha! I was singing it as I was writing it :) It seems to be a cat thing. xD
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  3. Wow! Such beautiful photos! I love your photography! :)

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mint, that really means a lot to me!! <3
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  4. Those are really cute pictures Ginny! Lissy looks really cute!!xD
    ~Rylee<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...these are gorgeous!!! Lissie looks so pretty, I think the semi messy hair adds a bunch of character to the photos ♥ and her outfit is so cute, the old human hat is brilliant =) keep up the great work!!

    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love the messy hair too ♥ YESS I LOVE THE HAT!! Thank you Maddie ♥
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  6. Felicity's hair looks so red, much more so than my Felicity. I adore her hat by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed how red it looks. It's weird, it rarely looks that red. Plus, it wasn't sunny yesterday either. Huh, weird! Aww thanks!!
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  7. This is such a stunning photo shoot! My favorite picture has to be the seventh. It looks so realistic! Keep up the amazing photography! :D
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Olivia!! I love that one too! Thanks, Olivia, you too!!
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  8. Gotta love the Irony. It's like how American girl dolls are made in China.

    Gwynnefar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pictures are so cute! <3
    ~Claire

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! Don't say anything rude, swear, and be sure to treat everyone the way you would want to be treated! Thanks lovelies!
~Ginny, June, and all the Girls