Sunday, December 7, 2014

Le Soir Noir~Season 1, Part 4

'Ello everyone! So, strangely, we have had ZERO snow this month, so the yard is bare. For us, it's really hard to get into the Christmas spirit right now, but hopefully it will snow soon-ish. Yes, I do dislike snow, but I feel like December is just one of those months in which you need snow. So...a lack of snow means more Le Soir Noir!! I have *most* of the pictures taken up until the finale (part eight), so I will try to schedule them to post every Friday....Also, we recently met a small business owner who makes furniture for dolls. She would really like it if we made some of their patterns and showed them to you all, so as soon as Christmas break starts, we will start working on a few of the projects. If you would like to visit their site before we do the post, you can do so *here* Oh, and sorry that some of these pics are blurry, my room was kind of dark. 
~x~x~x~
From Corinne's POV
 I walk down the hallway quickly, hoping that no one was following me.
 I reach the corner, and turn right, seeing a doorway ahead.
 I peer in through the doorway and see a room. I scan the furniture and see that the room does contain a vanity.
 I look at the bunk bed on the side. For a moment, I am confused, for I thought this was a coat room. They must have run out of rooms for patients.
 I see a young girl, probably no more than eight years old, laying on the bottom bunk. Her chest rises and falls slowly, and she takes weak, wheezing breaths. "Je suis desole, jeune fille," I say. She reminds me of sweet little Aurelie.
 I step quietly into the room, hoping that she won't mind if I use her vanity.
 The vanity is identical to the one in my hospital room.
 I pick up the delicate pitcher, pouring some of the slightly cloudy water into the bowl.
 I wet the embroidered towel. and bring it to my face, dabbing away the excess dirt and powder that had been coating it.

 I pull the elastic out of my hair, tugging gently.
 My hair comes loose, and I look in the mirror, finding that my hair is very tangled.
 I brush it quickly, loosening the snarls and pulling the hair up.
 I quickly twist the hair up into a bun, and pin it in place.

 I step away from the vanity, still hoping that no one will catch me, when I hear a small whisper.
 "What are you doing in here? This is my roo-" The girl stops talking abruptly, beginning to snore just the tiniest bit.
 "Zut, that was too close," I whisper.
 I pull a cloak and white dress off the rack, and put the dress on.
 I don't bother to take off the thin slip, and I pick up the lush velvet cloak. I'm not really sure whose clothes these are, but they seem fairly nice. I make a silent oath to return them as soon as I can go home. Briefly, I wonder why I will need a cloak, but I'm in a hurry so I ignore that thought, slipping the cloak on and tying the ribbons.
I step out of the young girl's room, praying for her with every step, when I hear, "Stop right there."
~To be continued~
La Dictionaire de Francais:
Je suis desole, jeune fille: I am sorry, young girl.
Zut: The English equivalent of dang it


15 comments:

  1. LOVED IT! =) the suspence is killing me xD

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Ah, yes, suspense can be the worst xD
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  2. Uh oh...
    Will she get caught?
    I love cliff hanger endings like this, except now I have to wait until friday. *sighs and checks calendar*
    You really know how to keep a story interesting.
    Gwynnefar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh indeed. :) I dunno, I guess you'll have to find out! ;) Ah, cliffhangers. I love them when writing, but hate them when reading. XD Such is the life as a reader/writer I suppose :) Aww, thanks!! You're so sweet! :D
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete
  3. Oooh! This is getting so exciting! :D
    ~Carli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Ginnny!! Oh, I know! I don't like snow but if its gonna be cold, mind as well be snow!
    ~Rylee<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! I really really really loved this part! It was sooo good and I cannot wait to see what happens next! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhhh, love this series so far!! You guys are such good writers. (I know I say that every time, but it's true.)
    Why do you have to make me wait?!
    Can't wait till Friday!
    - Zoë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad!! Thank you so much Zoe, you're so sweet <3 Oh, I'm sorry :(
      ~<3Ginny~

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!! Don't say anything rude, swear, and be sure to treat everyone the way you would want to be treated! Thanks lovelies!
~Ginny, June, and all the Girls